Iraqi Bloggers Roundup

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Obscure Iraqi Blogs # 2


Obscure Iraqi Blogs # 2
by littlewhy

Everyone reads Iraq the Model, Healing Iraq, etc. The smaller blogs need love too, so, here is IBR's second roundup of the little dogs in the Iraqi Blogosphere pound:

#####

Often one gets tired of non-Iraqi Muslims and their blind hatred of the U.S., their silly conspiracy theories, etc. So it is hilarious and uplifting when Sami tells us of the time he bitch slapped a naive Pakistani girl in his university:

I had had a bad day I guess I can’t remember why when a Pakistani girl
(no disrespect to Pakistinis I am sure they are not all this way) comes round to the table me and a bunch of people were sitting down at and she is like I am invitttttinggggg you and allll offfff youuuuu tto a rrrrrally to get US troops out Iraq ………..I got filled with rage…… I was like what? Are you kidding me?

She said she just wanted the Americans to stop killing Iraqis. I said where were you for over 20 years? Why do Iraqi lives all of a sudden mean so much to you? What about the innocent Pakistinis being brainwashed into murderers? Then she gave me the line I have heard a million and one times ‘Yes Saddam was bad but US is worse’. I swear I wanted to punch her right then and there…… but of course I didn’t …. I said to her if it wasn’t for the West you wouldn’t be here in this country, Canada free to wear your hijab free to express your opinions and free to organise rallies, why do you want to rob the Iraqi people of the same privelges?


#####

Iraq Today by Ibrahim Khalil:


Ibrahim Khalil tells us of the recent press conference of the mayor of Mosul. (How's that for a job?) Apparently the mayor has had it up to here with the Sunni Imams:

But the news in his press conference was that he also blames some of the religious men in some mosques who were calling for "Jihad" during the last crisis...
In fact what made me to write about this matter is that it is not easy for a mayor to blame religious men, especially in this city where most people are religious...
Here in the city, and even in Iraq generally, many people follow what the religious men say. I hope that this will pass safely and with no hard reactions. However, we need to wait the next few days to see if there will be any reaction for the mayor's blaming the religious men...


Again, I say, why is it that Sunni Imams who call for violence are not arrested? We threatened to arrest Sadr for the same thing (although we failed to carry through with that threat, more's the pity.)

#####

Where is Dr. Said at Iraqi Humanity? He hasn't posted for a month. We here at IBR hope all is well and that he'll post again soon.

#####

A great deal of the so-called 'resistance' is nothing more than what the American military calls FRE, or Former Regime Elements. Here at IBR we call them by their right names: terrorists, thugs, murderers, thieves, criminals, etc. If you'd like to see a sample of the Ba'ath thugs organization and involvement, go read Great Iraq. I read once on the Model that Baathists were all ignorant retards; well, this guy proves that with his blog's color scheme: monkey-shit green and puke pink.

#####

Ibn Al Rafidain, the son of the Two Rivers, tells us of the Mafia-style control the thugs have established in some neighborhoods:

Iraqi individuals are focusing on their everyday worries. Nothing positive and tangible on the ground is taking place. Threats, of different kinds, are spreading. People feel that their enemy is invisible. Menacing slogans are written on the walls. Death threats are made against students if they attend school or college. Threats are made against teachers, doctors, officials …etc. Some take it seriously; others consider it as a joke. A coalition consists of Saddamians, fundamentalists, baathists, Arab insurgents backed by forces work from abroad, considers the election as a challenge between them and the government.

Because of such troubles, Al Rafidain says that Iraqis tend to ignore big political events like the debt relief and the elections, since they have to worry about who is trying to kill them.

Two newspaper articles:

1. good news about the Iraqi cops:


2. bad news about cooperation

#####

The Rose of Baghdad tells us some encouraging facts about the attitude of the ordinary people of Fallujah:


As I heard from people living in Fallujah, they had enough from those terrorists , but they could not do any thing against them because the terrorists would kill them with their families. I heard that some of the terrorists forced many families to have them at their homes and I heard that many of those families were killed during some attacks by the US forces. And that’s why the people of Fallujah want to put an end to it. Many of Saddam’s loyalists ran away to Fallujah and stayed there after Baghdad’s fall and I think they made some connections with other groups and co-operated with them. especially Saddam’s inelegance, because as I know most of them ran away to Falluja and I became surprised when I heard (during the war) that they escaped there, but now I understand why. One of the kidnapped people whom I know from far away said that they took him to Fallujah after kidnapping and he said the kidnappers were so organized...

I'd like to say here that Rose is on our side and is one of the good people, yet when she's offered some mild criticism in her blog, she's been jumped on in the comments by the chickenhawks. I hope she doesn't let these people keep her from blogging.


#####

I've written elsewhere about what a tremendous strain it must be emotionally to be an Iraqi after thirty years of Saddam, three wars, etc. Poor Sara in New Zealand has put up a poignant post about the emotional boomerang of being an Iraqi right now:


I just believe you have to understand that an Iraqi like me, is lost with the war on Iraq. This war is doing both good and bad, this is not the case where an Iraqi can say "YES! The war on Iraq is good" or even if it was bad. We can NOT yet know whether the war on Iraq will bring a good future. I fear for the future of Iraq. I honestly do want to go back home and I don't even know if that will ever happen. I am afraid of an actual civil war since I do know most Iraqis are angry people and they don't have the great ability to control their emotions so well heh!.

but she also has some words of encouragement:

Remember, your soldiers are not only in Iraq to kill the 'evil guys'. Your soldiers have a duty to fill; a duty to welcome Iraqis to the new world...to welcome Iraqis in a world filled with hopes and dreams to fulfil, a world where they, the people of Iraq can have more control of their country. And for that, this is what I call the incredible achievements many soldiers are attempting to accomplish... May God bless all the soldiers and Iraqis who have done a great deal of good in trying to stabilize the cradle of civilisation, Iraq.

#####

So that is all for the obscure blogs this week. If your favorite blog didn't make it, don't worry because they're all being scrutinized. In the meantime, provide some traffic and some support and friendly, respectful comments for our small cheeses in the Iraqi blogosphere.